Tutorial: Work with R on Amazon's Cloud
StatVis Consulting, USA
Usage of R is often constrained by available memory and/or cpu power.
Cloud computing allows users to get as much resources as necessary in any
specific moment. The tutorial will cover software tools and procedures that
are useful to manage R applications on Amazon's
Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Simple Storage Service (S3) cloud
The tutorial will cover the following topics:
- 1. Amazon's Web Services (AWS):
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Elastic MapReduce
- Amazon AWS console
- Key Pairs
- 2. Basic instruments to work with remote server:
- 3. Amazon Machine Images (AMIs)
- 4. Transferring R code and data to and from AWS
- Important R packages
Data mining professionals, statisticians, and anyone interested
to learn how to use R with cloud computing.
Basic R programming and computing knowledge.
Participants should open Amazon's EC2 and S3 accounts in advance of the
Slides are here, and R code is